SUVs have been a popular choice for car buyers for many years, but there is still a large demographic who has never owned one of these versatile, roomy vehicles. Many SUV owners say that since they made the change from a regular car or truck to an SUV, they can never see themselves going back. If you are in the market for a new car, take a look at the reasons why SUV owners love their vehicles.
- Hauling capacity. A growing number of individuals today are taking on hobbies that include large “toys” like kayaks, ATVs, dirt bikes, RVs, and boats. Many times, these items require a truck or SUV to haul them, as they are too large or heavy for other types of cars.
- Pets and kids love them. The spacious cabin of an SUV allows for more legroom and child seats in the rear. Cargo areas in the back of the SUV are also perfect for more than cargo. They can typically accommodate a pet crate or carrier or allow room for a pet bed while you’re on the road.
- Off-roading. SUVs are designed to perform well in off-road conditions. Even if you’re not interested in going “mudding,” SUVs are a great choice for hiking, fishing, and camping.
- Fuel efficiency. There was a time when consumers feared buying an SUV due to their fuel consumption. Newer models, however, utilize fuel-saving technology and aerodynamic design to provide fuel efficiency that anyone can afford.
- More seating. Most sedans and even large trucks can only accommodate four passengers comfortably, but modern SUVs often offer third-row seating that can accommodate as many as seven people.
If you are an SUV owner, or you are considering purchasing one, reach out to the professional staff at The British Garage at (858) 689-8900 for service and tips on features to look for in your SUV.