Spring is almost upon us, and it’s time to prepare your Land Rover SUV for some warm weather performance.
- Wash and wax the exterior. Clean the salt and dirt off of your exterior and undercarriage in order to remain rust-free and get your vehicle looking like new again.
- Clean the interior. Just as important is cleaning the interior of your vehicle. Detritus of all types usually accumulate over the winter months. Cleaning your interior will bring back that fresh scent and make driving a joy all over again.
- Replace your windshield wipers. Winter has a way of seriously degrading the ability of your windshield wipers to perform properly, especially if you traveled north and encountered ice and snow. Ice ruins the soft rubber of the wipers and will leave streaks across the windshield and reducing visibility when you need it most.
- Check tire pressure. Tire pressure is an often-overlooked check that most drivers forget to do. Tire pressure is actually quite important in any weather condition, as it is the most important safety component on your vehicle. After all, your tires are the only things touching the very road (or off-road) you are driving on. Neglecting tire pressure could potentially lead to disaster if a tire low on pressure suddenly goes flat and causes steering problems.
- Check your belts and hoses. Another often overlooked check is to look for cracks and wear on the belts and hoses attached to your engine.
- Check your alignment and suspension. Potholes, cracks in the road, rocks, and other driving obstacles can cause handling and ride comfort to degrade over time. It will even put undue wear on your tires. Getting these things checked now will ensure a smooth and safe ride for the rest of the year.
If you require these services or any other, contact British Garage to set up an appointment for your vehicle.