The Range Rover is one of the leading names in luxury vehicles. These vehicles started humbly, once referred to as the 100-inch station wagon. The Range Rover has been around for just over 50 years, and a lot has happened in those 50 years. To celebrate, here are some fun facts you may not have known about this prestigious luxury vehicle.
Range Rover Facts
- The Range Rover was the first car exhibited in the Musee de Louvre in Paris. It was displayed as a marvel in industrial design. In time, the BMW Art Cars, as well as Ralph Laurens Collection, would also be hosted. This helped pave the way for the Range Rovers long standing as a luxury vehicle.
- The Queen loves this SUV. The queen has personally owned over seven Range Rovers in her time, currently owning a hybrid. She has also been supplied with Range Rovers for official events and public appearances.
- In the beginning, the company experimented with centering the steering wheel, leaving room on both the right and left sides.
- The Range Rover is one of the most trusted vehicles when it comes to military use. Over the years, numerous fleets have been delivered to numerous countries.
- The Range Rover SV Coupe was created as a nod to the SUVs’ humble beginnings. This vehicle was only available as a two-door vehicle. It would be 11 years until we saw a 4-door vehicle in 1981.
A Rich and Diverse History
The Range Rover has only been around for 50 years, but those years have been full of innovation. From its humble beginnings, the Range Rover has grown into one of the most highly demanded and trusted luxury vehicles. At the British Garage, we are proud to be part of that history. Our team has committed itself to know the ins and outs of the rich history. Contact us to learn more about what this amazing vehicle can do for you.